Sundry Ruminations

by Fr. Paul Gros Dear Family in Christ, Peace in the Lord Jesus Christ! So, what was your favorite subject in school growing up? For me, I was a math and science guy. I know for others the opposite may be true – they liked Literature, English and/or Art classes. Numerological science says that these…

Sundry Ruminations

by Fr. Paul Gros Dear Family in Christ, Peace in the Lord Jesus Christ! Many of you are parents or grandparents so you know what it is like to raise children. How many of us have had to let our children make mistakes when it comes to learning new things in their lives? I know…

Sundry Ruminations

by Rev. Paul Gros Dear Family in Christ, Peace be with you! It is a joy for me to write my first bulletin article for you in the “Pew Buddy”. And…it is such a joy for me to be back in ministry after taking a month  of “emotional sabbatical’. I can truly say it was…

Sundry Ruminations

by Very Rev. Jamin Scott David I remember when I took my comprehensive exam for my canon law degree. All of us had to go, one by one, before a panel of three of our professors. For two hours, they grilled us about anything and everything that they wanted to know about the Code of…

Sundry Ruminations

by Very Rev. Jamin Scott David Have you ever watched the news and seen those stories about people who win those multi-million dollar jackpots like the Louisiana Lottery, or MegaBucks, or the Powerball? Have you ever wished that you won the prize? You probably did, and you feel like if you won it, you would…

Sundry Ruminations

by Very Rev. Jamin Scott David You probably weren’t expecting to see a column from this guy again! Foremost, I wanted to simply say ‘thanks’ for the wonderful spirit of community embodied in the four porch parties and the farewell celebration that cumulatively marked a good send-off to Baton Rouge. Your love for me was…

Sundry Ruminations

by Very Rev. Jamin Scott David   The realities of Monday are right around the corner; the real world awaits in just a couple of days. When the holidays come, we feel relaxed and we just want to take some time to get away; but just as soon at it comes it seems like it’s…

Sundry Ruminations

by Father Jamin Scott David Suffering is real, even for those who are called by God. The prophets, the disciples, and the early Christians often paid a price for responding to the call. We may understand this more readily in times of persecution or political unrest or observe it in other faith traditions. Even choosing…