From His Heart

A New Ministry Springs Forth A Reflection by Lynn Garro Awhile back, the One Book, One Church ministry held a four-week study of Emily Jaminet’s 130-page book, Secrets of the Sacred Heart: Twelve Ways to Claim Jesus’ Promises in Your Life. As you may or may not know, One Book, One Church offers parishioners a…

Sundry Ruminations

by Father Jamin Scott David Have you ever started a new job and felt like you didn’t have a clue what you were doing? I never have! Every single time I go into something new, I make sure that I’m not just prepared – I’m over prepared! I would obsess to “learn the ropes” so…

Sundry Ruminations

by Father Jamin Scott David   People make extraordinary claims everyday of their lives. The story is told of a woman who accompanied her husband to the doctor for his annual physical. The doctor asked her for a private conversation before they left the office. “Your husband,” the doctor said, “is under great stress and…

We Need Him More Than He Needs Us

Sundry Ruminations by Father Jamin Scott David   Trinity Sunday is a preacher’s worst nightmare. Many of them dive into a pithy attempt to explain the mystery of the Holy and Undivided Trinity in five minutes are less. They are rarely successful and often are heretical. For example, I heard one preacher say that the…

The Bread of Life

by Deacon Randall Waguespak Don’t take for granted the graces that Christ makes available to us  through worthy reception of the Eucharist. It is the Bread of Life necessary to strengthen us on our journey to heaven; but for these graces to be received we must prepare ourselves. The Church has consistently taught that when…

Saintly Women

Join One Book, One Church on Monday mornings in June from 9:00-10:30AM for a book discussion and faith-sharing. Men and women of all ages are welcome and there is no cost to participate. A registration form can be found here:  One Book, One Church (May 20/21 Insert) Please drop your completed registration off at the…

Permission to Dream

Sundry Ruminations by Father Jamin Scott David   Pentecost, you know, is one of those feasts that we really can’t put our fingers on. Do we call Him the Holy Spirit or the Holy Ghost? Does he come in the form of tongues of fire or a big fat dove? Perhaps there is one characteristic…

Sundry Ruminations

Experiences of En-fleshed Humans Matter by Father Jamin Scott David Do you remember the first prayer that you learned? Maybe it was the classic “Our Father,” common to every single Christian denomination. As a Catholic, maybe it was the “Hail Mary” in honor of our Blessed Mother. For those of you who needed less word]s,…

Lectio Divina – Part IV

Part IV of a IV Part Series by Jim Batson Pray for Awareness, Look for Clues Like I mentioned earlier, the Holy Spirit blesses me with awareness throughout my day and week.  You might say that I am a bit of a pirate when it comes to this as thoughts and ideas from seemingly common…