January Construction Update
With a recent “dry” spell, a lot of things are now taking place with regard to our Church renovation and parking lot project. Here are some things that have taken place in recent weeks:
1. The contractor was able to pour concrete footings for the addition to the church building; piers were also recently built.
2. The area that will be the new covered drop off area has three pours completed.
3. Hardie soffit and fascia have been hung on the old Church.
4. The entire building has been double wrapped.
5. The electrician has run new electrical and begun installation of new light fixtures.
6. Framing for new construction has begun.
7. Work on the steeple will begin soon along with site parking paving (when weather cooperates).
I know that it seems like this has taken some time, but Mother Nature has not been too kind to us. It surely is nice, though, to see some progress taking place! I’m also working with the architect to finalize the drawings and order necessary for the new pews and furniture. It’s going to look good!